Is this Adventure for me?
If you're 16-17 years old looking for an authentic adventure in nature and want to build your confidence in the wild, this is the Outward Bound Adventure for you.
All Outward Bound Adventures have some things in common.
You’ll enjoy authentic outdoor activities in National Parks and wild places, guided by highly-qualified instructors.
It will be a path of discovery. A chance to have fun, be curious and make new friends. Before you know it, you’ll be stepping outside your comfort zone and discovering your talents.
Your confidence will grow and you'll learn how to believe in yourself.
What you'll experience
- A fun and challenging adventure in the wild
- Something new and challenging
- Develop workplace skills
- Make new friends
- A break from screens and social media
- Explore the natural environment
- Build confidence in the outdoors
- Memories to last a lifetime
The price, what's included and kit list
We're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there's only one price and no hidden extras.
Reserve your place with a deposit of just £100 today.
You will get:
- One instructor from start to finish
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- A camera (for the memories)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and an ice cream or two! (recommended)
Thomas' Discover Adventure story
Guest blogger and Discover Adventure participant Thomas (aged 11) shares his tales of discovery at Aberdovey.
The Adventure Fund
Whatever your circumstances, we want you to be able to have an opportunity to go on a summer adventure. As a charity we raise money to provide support when you need it. The adventure fund is here to help.
Write a review
Take a look at what other people have been saying
If you've been on one of our adventures, why not provide a review yourselves? Let other people know what they can expect.
5 Day Adventure Week
The Best week of my life
I've had such an amazing time and I feel that I've definitely grown as a person! :)
SO fun! A week by beautiful Loch Eil really helped with social skills and confidence. Awesome time, the best part was definitely climbing Ben Nevis which was actually easier than I thought. Chris (the instructor) was great and all the activities were amazing. Thank you so much Outward Bound!