Why choose Outward Bound?
Here's 5 reasons why people choose an Outward Bound summer adventure:
1) They are looking for a real adventure
We believe in immersing young people as deeply as possible in the natural environment, each summer we deliver our most ambitious adventures around the mountains, rivers and lakes of the UK. From coastal Wales, to the Lake District and the wild Highlands of Scotland, individuals travel from 30 different countries to embark on the most powerful of journeys across land and water. Will you choose beach, lakes or mountains?
2) They want to get the most out of their summer!
There’s lots of ways to have fun, but having fun whilst spending time in the great outdoors, sleeping under the stars, gaining new skills, building confidence and making friends from around the world is an experience like no other available in the UK. Find out more about our range of 7-day and 19-day adventures.
3) They want to challenge themselves
Participants leave with a sense of confidence, independence and breadth of experience that will set them aside from their peers and boost their CV.
4) They are looking for value for money
Our prices are all-inclusive which means all food, accommodation, equipment and insurance is included along with a free coach transfer service to each of our centres from the nearest train station and airport.
5) We are charitable!
As an educational charity, our mission is to develop young people naturally through learning and adventure in the wild. We want to make outdoor experiences accessible to as many young people as possible and are able to provide financial assistance to help support this. Find out more about our Adventure fund.
For every summer adventure completed participants are awarded the esteemed Outward Bound fabric patch. Those that complete one of our more challenging 19-day adventures will also receive the famous Outward Bound metallic pin badge.
|Choose your adventure|
Before you decide to embark on an Outward Bound summer adventure you should take the time to consider if you have the following:
- A positive attitude and open mind
- Willingness to meet others outside your usual friendship group
- A desire to boost your confidence or other personal skills
- Have a high level of commitment
- Willingness to take on responsibility for yourself
- An interest in learning by doing and practical life-skills
- An appetite for adventure, fun and challenge
If you have most of these qualitites then an Outward Bound summer adventure is defiitely for you.