The Outward Bound Adventure Fund
As a charity we believe that money should never be an obstacle to discovering more in life. That's why we've created the Adventure Fund, to help kickstart your fundraising journey and make your Outward Bound® summer adventure a reality.
The Adventure Fund is open to everyone but if you've visited Outward Bound before with your school, college or youth group and received a recommendation, you're also in in the right place.
The Adventure Fund
The Adventure Fund has been developed specifically to help support young people to achieve their life-goals and experience their very own Outward Bound summer adventure.
Made possible by the help and support of our generours donors and corporate partners, the fund can offer up to 50% funding towards any of our 7 or 19 day summer adventures.
All you have to do is complete a short online form and provide a few details about yourself and why you want to take part, it's that easy.Apply Now
Do you have an Outward Bound Scholarship?
We are still honouring our commitment to all those that received an Outward Bound Scholarship - worth £849.50 towards a place on the Skills for Life Award. If you received one of these and would like to redeem it please contact email@example.com or call 01931 7400 00.
Live in Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford or Wigan? Then check out Manchester Unlimited for a chance to receive up to 70% funding towards a place on the Skills for Life Award.
Fundraising for your adventure
Whilst the Adventure Fund offers you a great way to get a head start on your fundraising journey, there can still be a long way to go before you reach your goal.
That's why we've pulled together a host of fundraising tips, tricks and life-hacks to help get you there.
- Complete guide to fundraising for an Outward Bound adventure (5,012KB, pdf)
- Sponsorship Letter Template (62KB, docx)
- Press Release Letter Template (61KB, docx)
Alternatively, if you're after additional help, advice or inspiration our summer adventures team are always on hand to offer support. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01931 740000 and we'll see what we can do.
- As a UK charity we are only able to support UK residents or UK passport holders
- Funding may be restricted to certain dates and adventures, so make sure you apply early
- The Adventure Fund cannot be applied to in conjunction with other charitable offers or discounts, unless otherwise agreed with a member of our summer adventures team
- Applicants can generally expect to hear back about the progress of their applications within 2 working days.