Is this Adventure for me?
For 16-17 year olds who enjoy being in the outdoors and are seeking to challenge themselves with a longer, more adventurous expedition.
All Outward Bound Adventures have some things in common.
You’ll enjoy authentic outdoor activities in National Parks and wild places, guided by highly-qualified instructors.
It will be a path of discovery. A chance to have fun, be curious and make new friends. Before you know it, you’ll be stepping outside your comfort zone and discovering your talents.
Your confidence will grow and you'll learn how to believe in yourself.See what you'll do
Spend 7 days (6 nights) away from home, staying at one of our residential centres in an awe-inspiring location. As part of your adventure, you'll journey to an overnight wild camp, making your way on foot, water or both, and spend an unforgettable night out in the wild.
A Ridge Adventure is more challenging than Basecamp, so you're likely to already have outdoors experience, such as being part of Scouts or Guides, or been to Outward Bound before. But with more challenge, comes more fun and more discovery.
You will learn what you are really capable of by tackling something new and different. Making the most of the natural environment, you'll stretch yourself further outside of your comfort zone with a range of challenging outdoor activities in some amazing locations.
Whatever happens, you'll have a memorable week exploring the great outdoors. The ultimate digital detox away from screens and the distractions of life. You'll make friends for life and grow the skills and strategies you can use in the outside world, like; motivation, independence and personal responsibility. You'll even build workplace skills that stand out on your CV, ready for the future.
What you'll experience
- A unique and challenging adventure in the wild
- Real outdoors in a supported environment
- Greater independence and ownership
- Build life skills like self-management and teamwork
- Make friends for life
- Explore what the natural environment really has to offer
- Focus on your mental wellbeing and have a digital detox
- A sense of pride and achievement
The price, what's included and kit list
We're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there's only one price and no hidden extras.
Reserve your place with a deposit of just £100 today.
You will get:
- One instructor from start to finish
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- A certificate of achievement and fabric badge
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- A camera (for the memories)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and an ice cream or two! (recommended)
The Adventure Fund
Whatever your circumstances, we want you to be able to have an opportunity to go on a summer adventure. As a charity we raise money to provide support when you need it. The adventure fund is here to help.
Thomas' Discover Adventure story
Guest blogger and Discover Adventure participant Thomas (aged 11) shares his tales of discovery at Aberdovey.
Write a review
Take a look at what other people have been saying
If you've been on one of our adventures, why not provide a review yourselves? Let other people know what they can expect.