Is this Adventure for me?
For 10-12 year olds who already have some outdoors experience, like being part of Scouts or Guides (or been to Outward Bound before) and would like to up their level of adventure.
Outward Bound Adventures all have one thing in common - at the end, you'll know what you're worth. Your confidence will grow and you'll learn how to believe in yourself.
A path of discovery. Time to be curious. Make new friends. Go outside and into the wild. Step outside your comfort zone and explore your talents.
Take a step into finding out what you are truly capable of.See what you'll do
What you'll experience
- A fun and challenging adventure
- Being away from home
- Making new friends
- Time in nature
- An overnight camp
- A break from screens
- Confidence and new skills
- See what you can really do
The price, what's included and kit list
We're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there's only one price and no hidden extras.
Reserve your place with a deposit of just £100 today.
You will get:
- One instructor from start to finish
- A dedicated house parent in the evenings
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- A camera (for the memories)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and an ice cream or two! (recommended)
Thomas' Discover Adventure story
Guest blogger and Discover Adventure participant Thomas (aged 11) shares his tales of discovery at Aberdovey.
The Adventure Fund
We won't let money stand in your way, if you need a top-up apply to the Adventure Fund.
Write a review
Take a look at what other people have been saying
If you've been on one of our adventures, why not provide a review yourselves? Let other people know what they can expect.
Our son had a great time. He loved the hiking to the mountain lake, staying in the cabin, canoeing, and more! Outward Bound is a great way to get kids unplugged and active in nature. He will be back next year!
I will lucky to spend a week at Aberdovey this August, I had a fantastic week (despite the weather being wet at time). It gave me the opportunity to try new outdoor activities and meet lots of new people. We certainly got fed well. I would love to go again.