From kids that scroll through their phones day dreaming of adventures to stressed out teens who worry about their grades, our typical participant has one thing in common - they're all capable of more than they think.
5 reasons to go Outward Bound this summer:
1. Proper adventures: More than just a summer camp, it's an opportunity to go hiking, rock climbing, paddling, sailing, star gazing, wild camping and even beach barbecuing! We've got adventure nailed.
2. Friends for life: You'll meet new people from outside your friendship group and make new friends from across the country and around the world.
3. Wild places: It's a chance to explore the stunning lochs, lakes, forests and (of coures) mountains that suround our centres.
And if you're worried about getting there, we've got a free (return) coach transfer with pick-up points in Manchester, Birmingham, Penrith and Glasgow*.
*Depending which centre you choose.
4. A good price: As a charity we're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there's only one price and no hidden extras which means your food, transport, accommodation, bedding, equipment and insurance is all covered.
For those that need it, we also have the Adventure Fund.
5. A winning formula: We've been knocking around for nearly 80 years. In that time we've learned a thing or two about outdoor education, so we're able to give you an experience you won't get from an ordinary summer camp or school.
Experience the unpredictability of the great outdoors in genuine wild locations
Gain useful skills for life and knowledge from expert instructors and mentors
Go on life-changing personal journeys, with new friends from across the UK and around the world.