Thank you for donating to The Outward Bound Trust!. Your first payment has been authorised and your subscription has been setup!
If you need to change your subscription details, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Sorry, it looks like something went wrong whilst your payment was being processed. Please try again.
If you need help, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
NIGHT TIME DUTY SUPERVISOR
Night time duty supervisor
We're looking for a night time duty supervisor, who will be responsible for the immediate safety and security of our Aberdovey centre and its visitors during their period of duty.
Full time / permanent
Location: Outward Bound Aberdovey
Contract: Full time / permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £22,672 plus benefits
Holidays: 24 days a year (rising by a day a year to a maximum of 30 days) plus bank holidays
Applications in by: 9am Monday 20 November.
Interviews: Monday 27 November.
Start date: 3 January 2024.
What you'll be doing
During duty this role will be responsible for;
- Immediate safety and security of our centre and maintaining safety standards
- Provide immediate pastoral support for course participants
- Have a visual presence across the site throughout the waking shift, and undertake regular security checks
- Be the first point of contact for anyone on site who requires assistance
- Be the first point of contact for anyone contacting the centre by telephone outside normal working hours
- Responsible for initiating any emergency response services if required
- Alert senior staff, as appropriate, to any occurrence.
Why it's good working here
- Annual Leave of 24 days increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date and includes Employee Assistance helpline
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting
- Cash plan healthcare (currently Medicash) on application after completion of probation.
- Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): Auto-enrolment of all staff after 3 months service
- 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months
- Uniform items provided
Join us - and make a difference
The Outward Bound Trust is an educational charity that helps young people defy their limitations through learning and adventures in the wild.
Our Aberdovey Centre, situated on the stunning Dyfi estuary, plays a huge part in providing a great base for our participants. Set into a hillside it has an array of accommodation areas, facilities and equipment stores, visitors and staff accommodation, dining room, seminar rooms and social spaces.
How to Apply
To apply, please send Sharon a copy of your up to date CV and an email or letter (not longer than two sides of A4) saying why you're good for this job. Email these to Sharon by 9am on Monday 20 November.
Sharon Lloyd: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this job or the recruitment process, please contact Sharon by email or call 01654 767464 during office hours.
If we offer you the job, you'll be asked to do a DBS check.
PS - if this looks interesting, but there’s a little voice talking you out of applying, we’ll let you into a little secret: there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. We’re all on this learning journey together at Outward Bound. However you identify, if you think this is a role you could excel in and more importantly you’d be excited to do – then please get in touch.