Thank you for donating to The Outward Bound Trust!. Your first payment has been authorised and your subscription has been setup!
If you need to change your subscription details, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Sorry, it looks like something went wrong whilst your payment was being processed. Please try again.
If you need help, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
INFLUENCERS & AMBASSADORS
We’re always on the lookout for like-minded people to help promote the outdoors and champion the benefits of getting outside.
If you’re here, you’ve probably caught our eye on Instagram!
Here’s some info you might find useful before getting to know us better.
WHAT IS OUTWARD BOUND?
We're a charity with a pretty impressive history that stretches all the way back to 1941.
Our mission is quite simple yet incredibly meaningful: to inspire young people to believe they can achieve more than they ever thought possible.
We do this by providing transformative outdoor experiences that build confidence, resilience, and a genuine connection with nature.
We've got six centres spread across the UK - two in Wales, three in England, and one in Scotland.
We ensure that money doesn’t stand in the way of important outdoor experiences, with over 80% of Outward Bound attendees receiving charitable funding.
Check out our Insta reels to discover what we do every day.
What's important to us?
We want to empower all young people to make a positive impact on themselves, their communities, and society.
However, the pandemic has amplified the risks to young people’s life chances, such as declining well-being and poor mental health.
Outdoor education offers a path to a brighter future, but access remains limited to those who can afford it.
That's where you come in!
We genuinely believe that people like you have a pivotal role to play in spreading awareness for Outward Bound and the things we care about. Your influence and connection with your audience can help us achieve some amazing things, like:
- Highlighting the undeniable benefits of getting outside, and the beauty of the outdoors.
- Promoting the importance of nature in nurturing mental well-being.
- Increasing the visibility of our work and encouraging support from your followers.
How can we work together?
We don’t have a solid ask right now, other than being warm to collaborating with us in some way. This might be through:
Social media engagement: Simply interacting with our content to help us reach a wider audience and make a bigger impact.
Content creation: Make a connection to Outward Bound through your photos, reels, or Insta stories.
Advocating for us: Be a voice for Outward Bound. Visit one of our centres, see the impact our courses have on young people, and talk about it on your channels.
Campaigning: Help us raise awareness and drive action for specific campaigns, such as our recent #LetUsOut campaign.
Of course, we're open to any ideas you have that align with your interests and expertise.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
While we operate on a limited budget as a charity, we would deeply value your contributions in helping us achieve our mission.
Although we are currently unable to offer a specific benefits system, here's what we believe might make a collaboration worthwhile for you:
- Recognition and Appreciation: We will proudly showcase your posts about Outward Bound on our platforms, increasing your visibility with our followers.
- Content for your channels: Our interests and resources can serve as great talking points, increasing engagement with your audience.
- Opportunities for adventure and networking: Invitations to join us on an adventure in the outdoors, or to speak at one of our fundraising or awareness events (recent examples include a performance by Culture Club, and a Westminster reception.)
- Paid Partnerships: For more involved collaborations, we can offer compensation.
Interested? Great! We would love to have you on board. If you haven't yet, please reach out to Nicola Curry, our dedicated Social Media Manager via: email@example.com
Once you do, we can guide you through the exciting journey ahead.