Thank you for donating to The Outward Bound Trust!. Your first payment has been authorised and your subscription has been setup!
If you need to change your subscription details, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Sorry, it looks like something went wrong whilst your payment was being processed. Please try again.
If you need help, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Changes to our 2021 summer adventures
We've been looking at how we can run our summer residential programmes this year in a safe and COVID-compliant manner. This is a complicated task as a lot of the required guidance for our sector hasn't been issued yet.
We are under the guidance of government and national governing bodies, and currently, we are being advised that young people can attend a residential in the summer if we make some distinct changes:
- We need to allocate single en-suite rooms for each young person (rather than shared dorm rooms)
- Operate with groups of 1:5 ratios (six people rule)
- Forming social ‘bubbles’ and limiting mixing outside of the group
- Social rooms limited to ensure two-metre social distancing
When our residentials return, all our adventures will be organised according to the latest guidance from the education, hospitality and outdoor sectors, and in line with the latest government guidance for England, Wales and Scotland.
Take a look at our COVID-safe guidance to find out more.
New adventures for 2021
The changes we are required to make have had a significant impact on how many young people we can work with within 2021. And in order to maximise the numbers allowed in a centre, we have taken the decision to launch a brand new portfolio of adventures.
The main changes to our adventures are:
- We're no longer offering the 19-day Skills for Life Award course
- The 19-day Ultimate Expedition remains but dates have changed
- In addition to our current 7-day adventures, we are now offering brand new 5-day and 14-day adventures
- Adventures are now levelled to help young people choose the adventure that is most appropriate to what they want to get out of it
We appreciate that you may be disappointed that your original booked adventure may not be going ahead, and if that is the case, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. However, we really hope you are able to move onto one of our new adventures. Any bursary support will be reallocated at the same pro-rata rate.
New Adventures FAQs