The Outward Bound Flapjack Recipe
Want to know our secret for fuelling Outward Bound adventures? Just for you, here is our legendary flapjack recipe. Makes 12-18
85g golden syrup | 170g margerine | 170g caster sugar | 340g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan, 325F, Gas 3. Lightly grease and line a 30cm x 20cm (11 x 8 in) baking tin
- Using a mixer or a wooden spoon, cream the margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the syrup and oats and mix until combined with a wooden spoon
- Put the mixture into the baking tin and press flat with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- For a soft and chewy flapjack, bake for about 15 minutes until a light-medium golden colour. Give it a bit longer if you prefer a crispy, well-cooked flapjack
- Place the tin on a wire rack. Cut into 12 or 18 pieces after 10 minutes, but leave to cool completely before removing from the tin
- The flapjacks will keep up to a week in an airtight container.
Should a scout go Outward Bound?
30 January 19
Why Outward Bound deserves a place in every Scouts heart.Read more
I realised that I have the ability to be...
3 December 18
I wasn’t sure if the Skills for Life Award would be my cup of tea.Read more
Your copy and paste letter for parents w...
21 February 19
Convince the rents! Help is at hand.Read more