The Outward Bound Flapjack Recipe
Want to know our secret for fuelling Outward Bound adventures? Just for you, here is our legendary flapjack recipe. Makes 12-18
85g golden syrup | 170g margerine | 170g caster sugar | 340g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan, 325F, Gas 3. Lightly grease and line a 30cm x 20cm (11 x 8 in) baking tin
- Using a mixer or a wooden spoon, cream the margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the syrup and oats and mix until combined with a wooden spoon
- Put the mixture into the baking tin and press flat with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- For a soft and chewy flapjack, bake for about 15 minutes until a light-medium golden colour. Give it a bit longer if you prefer a crispy, well-cooked flapjack
- Place the tin on a wire rack. Cut into 12 or 18 pieces after 10 minutes, but leave to cool completely before removing from the tin
- The flapjacks will keep up to a week in an airtight container.
Outward Bound's tips for home schooling
30 March 20
Some support and advice for learning at home during these unprecidented times.
18 things to do in a winter lockdown
14 January 21
We need to stay indoors so here are some ways to bring the winter outdoors in.
Young people's wellbeing in 2021
13 January 21
If we're on the verge of a mental health crisis - what can be done to help?