How to prepare for your In-school Adventure
Here is all the info you need to help you prepare for your In-school Adventure
1. Get ready to discuss further information with your dedicated Outward Bound instructor who will be in touch with you a week or two before your in-school adventure is due to take place. This is so they can finalise the finer details with you.
To help you prepare, this discussion will cover:
- Learning outcomes and aims for the day.
- Any specific needs of the group we need to be aware of.
- Further details on how you are managing COVID restrictions in your school and what precautions we need to be aware of.
- Arrival and signing in procedures so our instructors can be in the right place, at the right time.
- The timing and logistics for the day.
- Locations we will be able to use with your groups. We will have already discussed this with you however, our instructor will discuss further and ensure risk assessments are in place for the areas to be used.
2. Ensure you have your risk assessments in place. We can send you more information about our risk assessments and operating procedures on request.
You can find information about our insurance on our safety page.
3. We advise pupils are dressed ready for an adventure outside - clothing should be warm and waterproof. We also suggest pupils bring a hat, gloves and a scarf, and ideal footwear is wellies, boots or trainers. We also suggest pupils have a change of clothes in case of wet weather.
You don't need to provide any specialist kit or equipment as we will bring everything needed. All we need is some outside space for our instructors to use creatively.
4. Going to be outside over lunchtime? Please ask your pupils to bring their own packed lunch and a bottle of water.
5. Finally, let your pupils know to come ready for a fun and challenging day, and have an open mind as to what exactly what they will be doing.
6. Got any further questions? Take a look at our FAQs.
We look forward to seeing you on your In-school Adventure. If you have any further queries, please get in touch with us by email.