Free Taster Course
Do you work in a school, college or youth group who hasn't worked with The Outward Bound Trust before? Why not join us for a free education taster course and find out about Outward Bound and how we can help you.
St John's regularly uses learning outside the classroom on its own site, its local area and on visits and trips to provide rich experiences, promote pupils' safety, raise expectations and attainment for all and narrow the achievement gap. St John's Roman Catholic Primary School
Our next taster course
27-28 April 2018 - Loch Eil,
8-9 March 2019 - Loch Eil,
5-6 April 2019 - Howtown,
- Our taster courses are for teachers and educational professionals who haven't worked with The Outward Bound Trust before and would like to find out more.
- Build your knowledge of outdoor learning and find out how a partnership with The Trust will help your pupils to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
- It's an ideal opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning outside the classroom and to meet The Trust's expert instructors and our Education Team.
- Discover a fresh approach to learning whilst contributing towards your own professional development and networking with like-minded teachers.
- All food, equipment and accommodation, will be provided free of charge - you just need to bring yourself, a colleague and a sense of adventure!
*This taster course is also open to Apprenticeship Providers and Employers (in addition to Head Teachers and Educational Professionals) who are interested in working with The Outward Bound Trust and schools to develop employability skills in young people. This course will therefore also provide opportunities for exploring future partnerships and networking with organisations with a particular interest in employability skills.
2pm – Arrival and welcome tour of the centre. Lunch will be provided.
There will be staff and delegate introductions followed by a brief overview of the agenda and allocation of activity groups.
3pm – Take part in a water-based adventure that will give you the chance to experience the journey through the eyes of a student.
5pm - Return to centre for tea/coffee and cakes.
6.30pm - Brief tour of the centre and grounds.
Pre Dinner drinks followed by a short presentation and overview of The Outward Bound Trust from one of our Directors. There will be a chance for networking and Q&A.
7.30pm - Dinner and general social evening.
7:30am - Breakfast.
8:30am - Depart on a day’s journey that will show you firsthand what a typical group would experience and a chance to take in the stunning location. Chat to our instructors and Education Team along the way.
4.00pm - Depart.
If you would like to stay over for the Saturday night, please ask and we will help to find some local accommodation for you.
These taster courses are suitable for you if you are a qualified teacher, head teacher or deputy head in a current position at a school or college who hasn’t worked with The Outward Bound Trust before. These are also suitable if you are a youth group leader interested in bringing your youth group on an Outward Bound course.
These taster courses are not suitable for those who would like to find out more about working in the outdoors or for The Outward Bound Trust. We're always looking for inspirational instructors, find out more about working for The Trust.