2023/24 Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award
Thank you for your interest in the Award. Apply for a place using the form below. You will need to be in the 6th year at a participating Scottish school in order to take part. The programme will start in Autumn 2023, with an online preparation element and a residential adventure and team building course in the Autumn term.
Apply here today!
There will be commitments required of you to take part in the Award. We'll all need to take a flexible approach to the Award again this year, but the following may be asked of you (when allowed):
- To attend short small group online and in person meetings up to once a week - in your own time.
- To participate in community investigation (online, by email and phone - to arrange a community project)
- To work with others to provide a project assisted by your project co-ordinator, which may require (if you choose) you to work with your team members to provide a service for your community. It will be run within government guidelines.
- To be prepared to attend adventurous and challenging activity either on a residential basis or daily elements either in the Autumn or spring terms dependent on lockdown conditions.
You will need to commit time and effort to get the most out of the Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award. At the most if we can run the full Award programme taking part involves:
- A pre-course meeting
- 5 days out of school for the residential
- Weekly project meetings outside school time, as agreed with your group
- An evening Project Forum
- A day out of school for your Refresh Day
- Up to 3 project delivery days
- A final review meeting