2020-21 Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award
Thank you for your interest in the Award. Apply for a place using the form below. You will need to be in the 6th year at a participating Scottish school in order to take part. The programme will start in Autumn 2020, with an online preparation element.
Apply here today!
There will be commitments required of you to take part in the Award. We'll all need to take a flexible approach to the Award this year, but the following may be asked of you (if allowed):
- To attend short 1:1 and small group online meetings up to once a week
- To attend a meeting in person in your own time in the early winter 2020
- To participate in community investigation (online, by email and phone - to arrange a community project)
- To work with others to provide a project assisted by your project co-ordinator, which may require (if you choose) you to work with your team members to provide a service for your community. It will be run within government guidelines.
- To be prepared to attend adventurous and challenging activity, possibly on a day-to-day basis, hopefully on a short expedition or residential basis, government guidance allowing, in the spring term 2021.
Are you committed?
Please note that the application form has a different set of commitments to the one above. Please refer to the list higher up this page.
Notice on Coronavirus:
Despite the current Coronavirus restrictions The Outward Bound Trust remains committed to the delivery of the Award in 2020/21.
Recruitment is taking place during the Autumn term and we hope to conclude recruitment by mid October 2020.
We have included all the outcomes familiar to past participants and many of the structures in a covid safe version of the Award.
You should follow the link below to get more information on the 2020 programme if you have come straight to this page.