The Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award
Partnered by The Outward Bound Trust
How do I take Part?
- Complete the online application form
- Download and complete the contract and medical form from the bottom of this page, then scan (if you can) or photograph the sheets and email them to:
- If you can’t print at home, and can’t get it printed at school, then please contact us to be sent a form by post
3. Once we have reviewed all applications from your area, we will be in touch to let you know if you have a place.
- We fill places in waves throughout the summer so you may not hear anything from us for a while – don’t worry though! An offer of a place may even come in the Autumn term depending on how places are filled in your area.
4. If accepted as a participant, we will ask you later to confirm your place with payment of a £30 non-refundable administration fee (this is all you have to pay for the whole award)
- The Admin fee is the only cost to take part
- We won't ask for your admin fee until nearer the date of your training course
- We will send you an email confirming receipt of the admin fee and your position of fully confirmed participant. Congratulations!
If you are accepted as a participant, but we are then unable to contact you, we may need to give your place to someone else, so please ensure you regularly monitor your e-mail address, or get someone else to do it for you if you are on holiday.
If you are accepted as a participant but decide later that you no longer wish to take part then you must contact us as soon as possible so that we can give your place to someone else. If you do not tell us in time, we may not be able to fill your place and our funder’s money will not be able to be used to help a young person.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL MY RESIDENTIAL COURSE TAKE PLACE?
Our 2019 residential courses will take place between August and October at Howtown on Ullswater and Loch Eil. You can see which week you’re likely to be going away for at this page: The Residential. Bear in mind that some schools might be sending people on more than one week, so check carefully – we will email you with your course dates anyway.
If you need more information, please get in touch using the details at the foot of this page.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER IMPORTANT DATES I NEED TO KNOW?
The dates of the milestone events in the programme depend on which residential course you attend. See the table below for details. Attendance at these events – and at the community project which you will arrange – is compulsory to gain the full Award.
The Project Forum is an evening event, held in Glasgow. You will need to take time out of school to attend your Refresh Day.
|Project Forum||Refresh Day||Project deadline||Final review to be done by|
|24– 28 Aug, Howtown||Tbc||TBC||End Dec 20||Mid Jan 20|
|14 – 18 Sep, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||End Jan 21||Start Feb 20|
|28 Sep –2 Oct, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||Mid Feb 21||Mid Feb 20|
|12 – 16 Oct, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||End Feb 21||End Feb 20|
Contains participant contract and medical form. This is what you need to fill in once you have applied.
Information for those attending any of the courses at Loch Eil. You will need to travel to Glasgow to get our coach to Loch Eil.
You need to complete this before your residential.
A printout of the questions in the online logbook.
For your project team meetings
For the project forum
Developing your community project
The planning tools