The Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award
Partnered by The Outward Bound Trust
How do I take Part?
- Complete the online application form
- Download and complete the paperwork pack (your participation agreement and medical forms) from the bottom of this page, then scan (if you can) or photograph the sheets and email them to:
- If you can’t print at home, and can’t get it printed at school, then please contact us to be sent a form by post - there will be a delay, but we will be in touch.
3. Once we have reviewed all applications from your area, we will be in touch to let you know if you have a place.
- We fill places in waves throughout the summer so you may not hear anything from us for a while – don’t worry though! An offer of a place may even come in the Autumn term depending on how places are filled in your area.
4. If accepted as a participant, we will ask you later to confirm your place with payment of a £30 non-refundable administration fee (this is all you have to pay for the whole award)
- The Admin fee is the only cost to take part
- We won't ask for your admin fee until nearer the date of your training course
- We will send you an email confirming receipt of the admin fee and your position of fully confirmed participant. Congratulations!
PLEASE NOTE: For the 2020 Award
There have been significant changes to the programme for the 2020 Award. The outcomes for Participants will be the same but changes have been made to make the Award Covid Safe. Please use the button below to visit the Covid Page to find our more about the 2020 programme or to make an application
If you are accepted as a participant, but we are then unable to contact you, we may need to give your place to someone else, so please ensure you regularly monitor your e-mail address, or get someone else to do it for you if you are on holiday.
If you are accepted as a participant but decide later that you no longer wish to take part then you must contact us as soon as possible so that we can give your place to someone else. If you do not tell us in time, we may not be able to fill your place and our funder’s money will not be able to be used to help a young person.
|Project Forum||Refresh Day||Project deadline||Final review to be done by|
|24– 28 Aug, Howtown||Tbc||TBC||End Dec 20||Mid Jan 20|
|14 – 18 Sep, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||End Jan 21||Start Feb 20|
|28 Sep –2 Oct, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||Mid Feb 21||Mid Feb 20|
|12 – 16 Oct, Loch Eil||Tbc||TBC||End Feb 21||End Feb 20|
Contains participant contract and medical form. This is what you need to fill in once you have applied.
Information for those attending any of the courses at Loch Eil. You will need to travel to Glasgow to get our coach to Loch Eil. You will be sent a copy of this (or the Howtown one) nearer the date of your residential.
You need to complete this before your residential.
A printout of the questions in the online logbook.
For your project team meetings
For the project forum
Developing your community project
The planning tools
Many of the questions applicants and participants have before embarking on their Leadership for Life Award journey are answered in this informative video.