Thank you for donating to The Outward Bound Trust!. Your first payment has been authorised and your subscription has been setup!
If you need to change your subscription details, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Sorry, it looks like something went wrong whilst your payment was being processed. Please try again.
If you need help, please call us on +44 (0) 1931 740 000.
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 + Bonus. Starting salary is dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Education Business
Location: Office Based with Hybrid Working (Hackthorpe, nr Penrith)
Closing date for applications: 21 August 2023
We're an educational charity that helps young people defy their limitations, so they become strong, resilient and curious, ready for the challenges of life.
Using learning and adventures in the wild, we partner with schools, colleges, employers and youth groups to teach their young people the most important lesson they could ever learn: to believe in themselves.
We are looking for someone to continue to develop our partnerships with schools, colleges, and youth organisations; to provide opportunities for them to engage their young people with inspiring residential outdoor learning.
Your role will be focused on managing a portfolio of existing customers, ensuring high levels of repeat bookings, as well as seeking extension business. You will work as part of the Education team with responsibility to meet performance targets, manage customer experience. You will develop positive relationships with customers, ensuring they are committed to their Outward Bound journey.
Who we're looking for
You will be a results driven team player with an excellent understanding of the Education sector, with at least 1 year’s commercial sales background as an experienced account manager.
You will have a passion for inspiring outdoor residential learning, with clear alignment to our values.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external professionals.
- You’ll be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and be able to maintain high standards of communication on the phone and in writing.
- You will have good negotiation skills.
- You’ll be able to work unsupervised and under your own initiative.
- A confident user in Microsoft systems.
- Strong presentation and social media skills.
- Previous experience of LinkedIn and LinkedIn Sales Navigator for prospecting and client engagement.
What you'll be doing
- Meet revenue targets and other KPI’s for the education team, ensuring individual and regional team targets are met as part of a wider team.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs through good questioning and research.
- Working in collaboration with other teams and colleagues to ensure best fit of programmes for customer and Outward Bound.
- Develop sales proposals to win business.
- Maintaining customer records via our Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
- Use sales techniques and good relationship management to overcome problems, objections, and other challenges to close and retain business.
- Effectively promote, award and allocate charitable funding to customers within parameters and according to need.
- Liaising with all areas of the organisation to maximise potential opportunities.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of customers, the region (including competitor activity), education market and sales techniques to drive sales success in the role.
- To passionately represent The Outward Bound Trust’s mission, values, and ways of working together internally and externally.
Some evening, weekend and overnight work will be required as part of the role, including attending taster sessions, client visits and centre visits.
You’ll also need
An enhanced DBS check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per year
- Annual Leave of 24 days, plus bank holidays. Annual leave increases by 1 day per year to a maximum of 30 days, plus bank holidays.
- Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date; includes Employee Assistance Helpline.
- 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months.
- Long-term Disability Insurance: 2/3 salary less state incapacity benefit after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date
- Employee assistance programme Unum: In the form of an app, with easy access to medical and mental health support. Ranging from instant GPs appointments to physio or counselling services.
- Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting.
- Health Cash Plan with Medicash: a taxable benefit
- Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): Auto-enrolment of all staff after 3 months service
- Berghaus uniform items provided and the opportunity to purchase Berghaus products at discount
- Staff bursaries: discounted course fees for family members
- Personal Adventures – Outward Bound has a positive attitude to extended/unpaid leave (forward planning is required)
If you are interested, please drop an email with an up-to-date CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words to Sarah Shutt, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 21 August. Interviews will take place on 8 September at Head Office in Hackthorpe, nr Penrith on (or via TEAMS / Zoom if appropriate).