Apprenticeships in Scotland
Scottish employers have identified five core skills as those most likely to be needed in any work environment and as part of their Modern and Degree Apprenticeship your apprentices will need a level of ability in all of them.
Outward Bound have been developing core skills in apprentices for over 75 years. But we don't 'teach' these in a classroom, at Outward Bound your apprentices learn what effective communication, problem solving and working with others mean through real life challenges in the mountains and wild places of Scotland. Our behavioural development programmes are inspirational and memorable and the learning is transferable to all areas of your apprentices' lives.
What's more - working in partnership with Outward Bound brings a whole host of added benefits to your organisation. We're proven to deliver measurable improvements in:
- Managing risk
- Understanding of and applying organisational values
Putting our money where our mouth is!
We're a charity with a mission: to work with as many young people as we can, providing them with skills that will benefit them at work, in learning and for the rest of their lives.
We want your apprentices (and your business) to benefit from Outward Bound - and we've put this offer together for Scottish organisations to see what we are capable of.
Bring 12 apprentices to Outward Bound Loch Eil on any of the following dates for just £2500*
|27-31 August||19-23 November|
|8-12 October||3-7 December|
|22-26 October||10-14 December|
|29 October - 2 November||7-11 January 2019|
*Usual price = £12000
- This offer is only available to new clients or those who haven't worked with us in the past three years or more.
- This offer is only available at our Loch Eil centre on the dates listed.
- Availability is limited and bookings will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The cost of this offer is £2,500 for a group of up to 12 apprentices and one visiting staff member.
- Travel to and from our Loch Eil centre is not included.
- Please note: no discount will be given if your group size is less than 12 and if you would like to bring more than 12 apprentices additional places will be charged at our standard rate (subject to availability).
For all enquiries please contact Neil
We deliver tangible results through understanding your business needs. Our experiential learning methodology engages your apprentices, resulting in active learners who are ready to apply their new skills and own their future development. We do this through our unique combination of wilderness environments, highly skills trainers and a proven learning process.
Read more about our approach.
Babcock Marine Clyde's apprenticeship programme shortlisted for five awards last year. Their programme focussed on developing growth mindsets. We're very proud to report that 80% of their apprentices now complete their training early compared to 20% pre-programme.
Read more about their programme.