If you're looking to grow your curiosity, boost your self-belief, kick your Netflix habit and fight the fear of missing out this summer. You're in the right place.
Our super skilled instructors will introduce you to a world of adventure, where meeting new people comes easy and achievement is hard-earned. Giving you a lasting experience that you'll never forget.
There are two dates to choose from, starting on the 12 or 24 August at Aberdovey (age dependent*).
- 12-18 August: Ages 13-15 only *SOLD OUT
- 12-18 August: Ages 15-19 *SOLD OUT
- 24-30 August: Ages 15-19 only *SOLD OUT
*Please make sure you select the right date for your age/gender!
What's included and kit list
This is a Serious Adventure programme worth £549 and is part funded by Young Manchester and Outward Bound.
You don't need any previous Outward Bound experience to take part.
You will get:
- One instructor from start to finish
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Badge and certificate
- A free return bus from Manchester Picadilly to Aberdovey
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- £10 deposit for any kit you borrow
- A camera (for the memories)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and a post-expedition ice cream (recommended)
Since 2018, we've been campaigning to help young people from across Greater Manchester take part in our summer adventures and go Outward Bound.
Creating opportunities for all young people, no matter their background or ability with partners like Young Manchester.
In-short, we’re here to show Manchester’s next generation that they’re capable of more than they think.