Outward Bound creative academy
We're looking for aspiring young film makers, photographers, writers and artists to help document the adventures taking place across our centres this summer.
Your work could be seen by thousands of people across The Trust's website and social media channels. You'll also gain valuable knowledge, skills, experience and support to help boost your CV and build a creative portfolio.
Filming for Outward Bound has given me experience that doesn't feel like work, and in spaces I didn't dream of recording. @Megsy0102
What's in it for me?
- The opportunity to share your creative talents with a new and large audience
- Exclusive Outward Bound® rewards and prizes
- Online training with a creative professional before your summer adventure begins
- Personal advice and support from The Trust's in-house communications team
- A reference for your CV
If successful, you will be expected to be able to pitch a creative idea to The Trust's communications team and then carry it out either before, during or after your summer adventure.
The role is voluntary but rewarding and you will receive help and support to realise your idea throughout your journey.
How to apply
Depending on your skills and interests we ask that each applicant submits a creation of their own along with a short paragraph on why you want to take part. Your creation may be:
- A 300-500 word blog,
- a short (90 second) video,
- your top 10 photographs or,
- an illustration or graphic
The theme of your creation should be based around "prepaing for an Outward Bound summer adventure" and be accompanied by a short paragraph about yourself and why you want to take part in this opportunity.Apply Now
Who can apply?
To get involve applicants must:
- Be aged 15-19 at time of involvement
- Be signed up to an Outward Bound Summer Adventure this year
- Have a genuine interest in your creative field
- Be willing to get involved with some online training and evaluation before/after your adventure
- Be able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Enjoy being in the outdoors and be up for a challenge
Once the deadline has passed all successful applicants will receive an email confirming their place in the Academy and you will officially become an honorary member of The Outward Bound Trust's communications team for summer 2017.
You will then receive an invitation to join an introductory call with a member of The Outward Bound Trust's marketing team where you'll get a chance to pitch your idea(s) and gain an insight into your role. You will then be introduced to the rest of the team and further contact will be scheduled with a creative professional to help coach and inspire you before your adventure begins.
The deadline for applications is 2 weeks before the start date of your path and a catchup with the communications team over the phone will take place before your adventure beings. Places are strictly limited and applications will be judged on merit.
If you'd like to find out more or have any questions regarding the Creative Academy contact James on email@example.com or 01931 740026.