Serious Adventure (15-19)
Looking for Serious Adventure 13-15? Click here.
Are you ready for some serious adventure?
An opportunity to take adventure seriously, you'll get to experience a world of rock climbing, hiking, camping and water sports.
Whether you’ve been to Outward Bound before, or it’s your first time away with us, you’re certain to discover spectacular new places and meet life-long friends along the way.
A perfect combination of adventure and challenge, every Serious Adventure culminates in an overnight wilderness expedition, where you’ll camp deep amongst the mountains.
Genuine adventure Confidence to overcome new challenges Friendship and fun Communication Care for the environment Self awareness
The Dreamers: Teens who scroll through their phones dribbling at photos from far-flung lands with spectacular mountains and awe inspiring vistas, hungry for an adventure of their own.
Adventure lovers: Curious kids who grew up riding their bikes, climbing trees and exploring their neighbourhoods. Who cast aside their games console controllers in favour of something bigger, bolder and better.
Overseas explorers: The British Isles has a lot to offer for those who are travelling from abroad. From picture perfect national parks to blockbuster back-drops (Tomb Raider, Star Wars, Harry Potter). And remember! What the UK may lack in sunshine, we make up for in our friendliness and hospitality!
One price, all inclusive:
We only charge what it costs to deliver the programme. We're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there is only one price and no hidden extras: £549(UK) or £649 (international).*
Additional charitable funding is also available to UK participants though the Adventure Fund.
Bookings can be made with a deposit of just £100. The remainder of the fee can be paid through instalments, with the full balance required 8-weeks before you arrive.
You will get:
- A full day and evening plan, jam-packed full of activities
- All equipment and kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- One dedicated instructors, from day 1 to day 7
- New skills and experiences to boost your CV
- 24-hour pastoral care
- Accommodation and bedding (you'll be camping)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Coach transfer from a nearby transport hub (Glasgow, Penrith, Manchester, Birmingham)
- Upon completion you will also be awarded a fabric patch
- A shed load of flapjack and chocolate brownie
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for the full 7-days
- £10 deposit for the kit you borrow
- Extra pocket money for an ice cream during your exped (recommended)
- A camera to capture the memories (recommended)
Free coach transfer:
Each of our centres are set in awe-inspiring locations; close to lochs, lakes, the sea and, of course, the mountains, this where you'll start and end your expedition. They'll make you feel like you're a million miles away from civilisation, and because of that they can be quite a distance to travel to, but fear not! A free coach transfer service is at hand, with the following approximate journey times:
- 3 hours to the Scottish Highlands, Loch Eil (from Glasgow)
- 3 hours to Snowdonia, Aberdovey (from Birmingham or Manchester)
- 20 minutes to the Lake District, Ullswater and Hotown (from Penrith)
Parents/guardians are also welcome to pick-up and drop off their children. We have limited parking at our centres so if you've got your own car and would prefer to drive, please make sure you check with us in advance.
> Explore our centres (Includes maps, directions and a 360° panorama video of each area)
Mountains, mentors and mates
Learning about yourself happens best out in the wild, away from the comforts and distractions of everyday life. Our highly qualified and experienced instructors will use the unpredictability of the wilderness to stretch you physically and mentally over 7-days until you achieve something you never thought possible.
Since 1941, we have developed a formula that works:
WE CAN HELP FUND YOUR ADVENTURE
We won’t let money stand in the way of anyone who really wants to take part. Thanks to our fundraisers, donors and supporters, we can help those where funding may be a barrier. Check out our Adventure Fund to see how we can help make your summer adventure a reality.