Is this Adventure for me?
For 16-19 year olds who actively enjoy going on adventures and overnight expeditions and want to push themselves outside their comfort zone by taking on the Ultimate Expedition.
- Level of Adventure: Pinnacle
- Spend 19 days (18 nights) away from home
- One, continuous expedition - you will be away from the centre for the entire adventure
- Experience of wild adventures and going on overnight expeditions needed
Prepare to meet your harshest teacher yet: mother nature. This classic adventure is made for dedicated Outward Bounders and aspiring young explorers.
A rolling camp where you can conquer mountains, paddle through waters and sleep under the stars. You'll achieve more than just step-goals with the Ultimate Expedition.
Free from the centre you'll get to explore some of the wildest corners and tallest mountains the British Isles has to offer. It'll make your run-of-the-mill DofE exped feel like a walk in the park.
What you'll experience
- Genuine adventure
- Confidence and determination
- Growth mindsets
- Team working
- Leadership skills
- Independence DofE Bronze and Silver expedition training and/or practice (optional)
- DofE Gold residential (optional)
The price, what's included and kit list
We're not interested in making money, just changing lives. So there's only one price and no hidden extras.
Reserve your place with a deposit of just £165 today.
- One instructor from start to finish
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- A free bus to the centre from one of our pickup points
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Badge and certificate
What you'll need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- £10 deposit for any kit you borrow
- A camera (for the memories)
- Money for souvenirs and a post-expedition ice cream (recommended)
- Your eDofE number (if you're using this for parts of your DofE)
- Small sports bag or holdall
Take a look at what other people have been saying
If you've been on one of our adventures, why not provide a review yourselves? Let other people know what they can expect.