Dulux Academy believes that good preparation means a great end result. To this end, we have joined up with The Outward-Bound Trust to unlock potential and help prepare young people for the world of work.
We are looking to sponsor ten 16-19 years olds to go on a week’s outdoor adventure on the 17th – 23rd August in the Lake District.
During the week, instructors will take you rock climbing, canoeing, gorge walking and on a three-day walking expedition camping in remote and wild locations.
You will be encouraged to challenge yourself and work as a team on tasks that are designed to help you realise you can achieve more than you may currently believe. Ultimately the course will help you to prepare mentally for life's challenges.
If you're aged between 16 and 19 and interested, then you’ll need to send us a short video telling us why you think you’ll benefit from this course and complete the medical form by applying below.
*This programme is fully funded and whilst we ask you to "pay the full amount now" and enter card details, you will not be charged at the checkout.
What's included and kit list
This adventure is fully funded by the Dulux Academy programme and you don't need any previous Outward Bound experience.
You will get:
- One instructor from start to finish
- Full programme, crammed full of activities
- All the kit to keep you safe, dry and warm
- Accommodation and bedding
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Badge and certificate
- A free bus to the centre from one of our pickup points
You will need:
- A sense of adventure
- Clothes and footwear for each day
- £10 deposit for any kit you borrow
- A camera (for the memories)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and a post-expedition ice cream (recommended)