A 3-day programme, designed specifically for members of the Apprentice Council who serve as the representatives of Sellafield's expansive apprentice cohort.
- Take ownership of the council member role and assume responsibility for raising issues on behalf of their scheme
- Develop communication skills to ensure information is conveyed appropriately and effectively to Senior Managers, fellow council members and other apprentices
- Practise making decisions as a council and to appreciate, support and respect the role of the Chair/Deputy chair and the secretary.
- A mix of adventurous activities including outdoor rock climbing and a canoe journey to explore the implications of trust, support and challenge whilst building communication
- Review session in which apprentices practise active listening and explore the principles of feedback
- Business simulation project in the outdoors giving apprentices the opportunity to make group decisions as a Council.
- 92% of apprentices developed their communication skills to ensure information could be conveyed appropriately and effectively to meeting attendees
- 83% were better able to take ownership of their role as council members and take responsibility for both raising and giving feedback on issues on behalf of their cohort.
Delegate feedback Oct 14
A 3-day graduate programme to develop understanding of personal behaviours when working with others.
- To develop a better understanding of personal strengths and development areas and commit to taking ownership for moving these forward
- To practice using coaching and feedback skills to develop personal capability.
- 50 hour project in which graduates take ownership for planning, execution, review and presentation to develop leadership, coaching, planning and teamworking
- Review sessions incorporated recording of individual development plans and committing to take ownership for moving IDPs forward
- Inclusion of Sellafield’s Band 4 behavioural competencies against which graduates measured performance.
- 96% of graduates believe they improved their coaching and feedback skills
- 92% of graduates gained a better understanding of their personal strengths and development areas
- 87% of graduates believe they developed personal competencies which resulted in a positive effect on team performance.
Delegate Feedback Aug 2012