Salary: £18,696 - £27,439 plus benefits
Location: Loch Eil, near Fort William, Scotland
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications & experience
Work in the spectacular Scottish Highlands to deliver experiential wilderness programmes in areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Our programmes equip young people with valuable skills for education, work and life, and increase their knowledge and understanding of the natural environment. Using your skills, experience and qualifications to the full, you will lead young people on inspiring journeys and expeditions in wild places, supporting them to become more confident, capable and effective at school or college, within employment and in life.
- Opportunity to change young people’s lives focusing on real learning and development by delivering courses and facilitating learning, in stunning locations, allowing you to explore the mountains, sea and rivers
- Continuous career development, with an individualised training and development package, dedicated training days, and incremental salary scale
- Full time permanent employment in a vibrant working environment
- A supportive work place enabling you to reach your professional potential
- Employee benefits including: minimum of 24 days holiday, plus public holidays; quality uniform; dedicated training days; health insurance; life assurance and pension scheme.
Candidates should have passed as a minimum, an assessment in two of the first three NGB qualifications listed below and completed training in at least one other from the list below and have appropriate experience:
- Summer Mountain Leader Award
- Single Pitch Award
- BC Paddlesport Instructor plus 3 star, or BCU (UKCC) Level 1 coach plus 3 star, or BCU Level 2 Coach
- RYA Dinghy Instructor or Coastal Skipper Award
- A clean driving licence (preferably including D1 entitlement) and valid First Aid Certificate are mandatory requirements
- You must be able to demonstrate a practical ability to safely deliver personal development courses to young people.
These positions are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are currently considering the diversity of our workforce in relation to our participants, to increase our impact. Applications from under-represented groups including females and people from ethnic minority backgrounds who meet the entry requirements are welcomed.
Apply TODAY ONLINE
Please complete our online application form before 22nd November 2018.
Interview date: 11th December 2018 and start date: 29 January 2019.