Instructor Development Scheme - New!
Salary: £13,529 per annum, 32 hours per week, plus benefits
Location: Loch Eil, near Fort William, Scotland
Trainee Instructor jobs based in the Scottish Highlands
This 12 month scheme is designed to enable committed and highly motivated trainees to reach the standard required to be an Outward Bound Instructor whilst being paid to support the activity of the centre.
- Unlimited access to training opportunities on the program (self-managed)
- A Senior Instructor mentor
- A fantastic location and numerous opportunities to spend work & play time with experienced staff
- A wealth of opportunity to take part in formal and informal training
- £1,000 towards approved NGB training and assessment
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Driving licence
- Valid First Aid certificate
- NGB training in Summer ML and RCI and be working towards one of the water-based qualifications listed below:
- BC Paddlesport Coach plus 3*, or BCU UKCC Level 1 Coach plus 3*; or old BCU Level 2 coach (all canoe or kayak)
- RYA Dinghy Instructor or Coastal Skipper
- Working in a learning, educational or development setting with young people
- Working unsupervised and being accountable for the safety of a group of young people
- Personal experience of outdoor adventure and instigating own personal development
- Ability to work with guidance from more experienced staff as part of a team
These positions are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are currently considering the diversity of our workforce in relation to our participants, to increase our impact. Applications from under-represented groups including females and people from ethnic minority backgrounds who meet the entry requirements are welcomed.
Apply TODAY ONLINE
Please complete our online application form before 22nd November 2018.
Interview date: 11th December 2018 and start date: 29 January 2019.