Hospitality General Assistant - Eskdale
Salary: £17,170 - £18,092 plus benefits
Location: Eskdale, Cumbria
40 hours per week
The Outward Bound Trust is an educational charity providing adventure-based, outdoor learning for young people from six centres across the UK.
Our Eskdale Centre is a one hundred bedded outdoor education centre, dedicated to working with young people within employment, being apprentices and graduates. The Trust is unique in the UK in terms of the impactful programmes that we offer, the inspiring and challenging environments we operate in, and the skill and expertise of our staff.
Our hospitality team play a very important role in the experience that course participants and guests have, whilst at The Outward Bound Trust. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and flexible individual to join our team.
The goal is to achieve high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and the aesthetic upkeep of the centre whilst maintaining efficiency.
Reporting to the Hospitality Manager you will work within all departments of Hospitality as required. You will work with department managers and their teams on a daily basis, to assist them in delivering a high standard of catering and accommodation for our internal and external guests and participants.
Key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work to a high standard in compliance with the Trust’s ‘Service Level Agreements’, with regards to assisting with:
- Dining room and bar area - serving food; maintaining hygiene levels; clearing up and cleaning.
- Housekeeping duties - cleaning and turning rooms; laundry; deep cleaning schedules.
- Kitchen area – small amounts of food preparation and tidying up.
- Flexible working across all Hospitality departments as required
- Safely operate all equipment and handling of chemicals
- Report any maintenance issues
- Being courteous to the clients and others
- Comply with health and safety, security and emergency procedures
- Work towards achieving The Trust’s strategic plan
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonable required
- Accept working as a team member involving cooperation and communication with colleagues and line manager
Please send an up to date CV and a covering letter (max 2 sides of A4) explaining the fit to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The names and addresses of two referees should be included, one of which must be from a recent employer.
Closing date for applications: 27th July 2018.
Interviews to be held with suitable applicants as soon as convenient.