Salary: £19,000 – £32,000 per annum (43 hours per week)
Location: Eskdale, Lake District
We are looking to recruit a Group Trainer for our Eskdale Centre. The Centre is dedicated to developing young people already in employment, mainly Apprentices and Graduates.
What is it like to work here?
You will be a full time member of the outdoor education team, spending your time working with young adults to develop their behaviours relevant to the workplace, using the outdoors as an adventurous learning environment. The Eskdale centre is located in the Western Lake District and provides instant access to high mountain fells, crags, lakes, rivers, sea and forests of this spectacular National Park. So if you are looking for a great job based in an amazing location then apply now.
You will work directly with our clients to deliver impactful learning in our surrounding wild environments. Our clients are aged predominately between 16-25 years old and work as Apprentices or Graduates within the UK and international business sectors. You will be utilising your skills and expertise to deliver on programmes and depending on your level of experience, you may also be designing and evaluating courses directly with clients. You will be encouraged to develop within the role where ample support, coaching, mentoring and training will be given.
We want to hear from you if;
- You believe in peoples undiscovered potential
- You can bring learning to life in our environment
- You have the Base Level of outdoor qualifications as detailed in our core competency framework
- You have or are willing to work towards a professional training/teaching qualification
- You have a wider knowledge or experience of business or educational markets.
And we will provide;
- A salary range of £19k-£32K PA to engage you
- A very positive benefits package including uniform, medical insurance etc to look after you
- Pension contribution to pay for your future adventures
- Holidays and a 'time back process' to enjoy your current adventures
- Training and development to support your career.
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information, including responsibilities and person specification, please click here.
To apply for this post please email a covering letter of not more than 2 sides of A4, explaining
your fit to the job description and the person specification, together with an up to date CV to
If you have any queries regarding the information supplied or the recruitment process please
contact Christine Harrison, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
telephone: 01946 723003.
Closing date for applications: 24 March 2017
Interviews held: week commencing 03 April 2017
Start date: tbc