The Outward Bound Trust offers a range of benefits which include:
- Annual Leave: 24 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. This will increase by 1 day for ever year of service, up to a total of 30 days holiday
- Uniform: Outward Bound branded uniform provided by Berghaus.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Long-term disability insurance: Provided by Canada Life. Income protection insurance provides for a proportion of your earnings to be paid as a regular income if you are unable to undertake your occupation due to injury or illness. You will be entitled to two thirds of your salary (minus state incapacity benefit) after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date.
The policy also provides the following additional benefits which are available to all staff covered by the policy:
- Best Doctors
This scheme allows you to have your medical case notes reviewed by experts for a second opinion in specific cases.
- Medical Care Direct
Access to Private Medical Treatment at a reduced cost. Fixed price package of private healthcare treatment – quoted up-front. Half-way house between private medical insurance and paying full price for private care.
- Employee Care Counselling
Counselling, Advice or Health & wellbeing advisory service.
- Private healthcare: BUPA or Medicash are offered depending on your job role. On application after completion of probation (taxable benefit)
- Personal accident insurance: While at work or commuting
- Sick pay: 8 weeks’ at full salary in any rolling 12 month period
- Cycle to work scheme: A tax efficient way to acquire a new bike
- Season Ticket Loans : these are available to any member of staff who is employed on a contract lasting longer than one year. You can apply for a season ticket loan to buy an annual travel ticket
- Pension scheme: Providing you are between 22 and state pension age you will be auto-enrolled after 3 months service into a Standard Life pension scheme. A minimum contribution of 3% of your salary is required, and The Trust will also pay in an additional 3%.
- Life assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date, including Employee Assistance helpline.
- Childcare vouchers: A salary sacrifice scheme, where you can receive child care vouchers instead of money, tax free
- Summer Adventure discounts: One free place on a 19-day summer adventure and 75% off any 7-day programme, for close family members.
- Extended/unpaid leave: Outward Bound has a positive and flexible attitude when it comes to extended/unpaid leave, especially when it comes to pursuing your own adventures. However, you do need to have worked for us for a while before you can put an application in!
- Berghaus discount: Every quarter, employees can place an order from the Berghaus catalogue, at a significantly reduced rate.